Chicken Pot Pie Casserole is a comforting and delicious one-pan meal that features tender chunks of chicken, vegetables like carrots, peas, and corn, and a savory sauce all topped with a flaky and buttery biscuit crust. This dish is easy to assemble and can be made ahead of time, making it a convenient option for busy weeknights. With its warm and satisfying flavors, Chicken Pot Pie Casserole is sure to become a family favorite.
How To Make Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup frozen chopped onion
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 ½ cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, corn, and green beans) (3 cups)
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent roll dough (such as Pillsbury)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour, thyme, mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Gradually stir milk and broth into flour mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until bubbling and thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in chicken, vegetables, and parsley. Remove from heat, and cover to keep warm.
3. Unroll crescent dough sheets onto a cutting board. Cut each dough sheet crosswise into 12 (1-inch) strips to get 24 strips total. Roll each strip to form a spiral. Pour chicken mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish, and arrange dough spirals on top of the filling.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until filling is bubbling around edges and crescent dough is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Serve.