Chicken Bacon Pesto Pasta is a delicious and satisfying dish that is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a special occasion. To make this dish, start by cooking the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until it is al dente. While the pasta is cooking, cook the bacon in a skillet until it is crispy and set it aside. Then, in the same skillet, cook the chicken until it is browned on both sides and fully cooked.
Next, add the pesto to the skillet and stir it into the chicken until it is fully coated. Add the cooked bacon back to the skillet and stir it in. Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and add it to the skillet with the chicken and bacon. Toss everything together until the pasta is coated in the pesto sauce and the chicken and bacon are evenly distributed.
Finally, serve the Chicken Bacon Pesto Pasta in bowls and garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and chopped fresh basil. This dish is sure to be a hit with the whole family, and it can be customized to suit your personal preferences. Try adding some roasted red peppers or sun-dried tomatoes for a pop of color and flavor, or substitute the chicken with shrimp or tofu for a vegetarian option.
How to make Chicken Bacon Pesto Pasta
Servings : 4 servings
- 6 strips bacon, sliced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 oz spinach(140 g)
- 5 cups milk(1.2 L)
- 1 lb fettuccine(455 g)
- ½ cup pesto(110 g)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese(110 g), plus more for serving
- fresh parsley, chopped, for serving
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crispy. Add chicken and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook until the chicken is no longer pink, then remove from the pot and set aside.
2. Add the onions and garlic and cook to the pot and cook until softened. When onions are caramelized, add spinach and cook until wilted. Add the milk and bring to boil. Add the fettuccine to the boiling milk and cover. Cook the fettuccine over medium heat until the milk thickens and the pasta is cooked, about 7 minutes.
3. Return the chicken to the pot. Stir in the pesto and Parmesan. Garnish with parsley and more Parmesan.