Chicken and Bows is a classic pasta dish made with tender chicken and bow-tie pasta in a rich and flavorful tomato-based sauce. It’s an easy and satisfying meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights and can be on the table in under 30 minutes. The dish is finished with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil for a touch of freshness and added flavor.
How To Make Chicken and Bows
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook chicken and red pepper in butter over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
2. Stir in the soup, peas, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper; heat through. Stir in cheese. Drain pasta; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. If desired, sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes.