Cheesy Loaded Green Bean Casserole is a classic side dish that’s perfect for any occasion. This recipe calls for green beans, canned cream of mushroom soup, and shredded cheese, which are all combined and baked in a casserole dish. It’s topped with fried onions and it’s ready in under 30 minutes. It’s a great way to enjoy a comforting and delicious side dish.
How To Make Cheesy Loaded Green Bean Casserole
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 lb fresh green beans ends trimmed and cut into halves
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 medium yellow onion diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp all-pupose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup French fried onions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9X13 casserole dish and keep it aside.
2. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to boil, blanch the green beans for 3-5 minutes and transfer them to an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
3. Heat a heavy bottom pan with butter on a medium flame. Once the butter has melted add the onions and minced garlic, saute till the onions turn translucent.
4. Sprinkle the flour and stir for a minute and add in the milk and chicken broth. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens.
5. Add the spices; paprika, pepper, and salt. Remove the pan from the heat and add the cheddar and parmesan cheese. Stir constantly, the cheese will melt in the heat, and then add half a portion of the fried onions into the sauce mixture.
6. Stir in the blanched green beans without the water and fold them into the sauce mixture.
7. Transfer the green beans along with the cheesy sauce into the prepared casserole dish. Bake for 20 -25 minutes until warm and bubbly around the edges.
8. Add in some more french fried onion on top and serve.