Cheese Pizza is a simple and classic pizza recipe that is perfect for any occasion. To make it, preheat the oven to 425F, roll out the pizza dough and top it with tomato sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese. Finally, bake it for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. It’s a delicious and easy to make pizza that can be served as a main dish or as a snack.
How To Make Cheese Pizza
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Yield: 1 pizza
- 1 ball Best Pizza Dough (or Food Processor Dough or Thin Crust Dough)
- ⅓ cup Easy Pizza Sauce
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces (1 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Semolina flour or cornmeal, for dusting the pizza peel
1. Make the pizza dough: Follow the Best Pizza Dough recipe to prepare the dough. (This takes about 15 minutes to make and 45 minutes to rest.)
2. Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500°F. OR preheat your pizza oven (here’s the pizza oven we use).
3. Make the pizza sauce: Make the Easy Pizza Sauce.
4. Prepare the toppings: Slice or tear the fresh mozzarella into small pieces.
5. Bake the pizza: When the oven is ready, dust a pizza peel with cornmeal or semolina flour. (If you don’t have a pizza peel, you can use a rimless baking sheet or the back of a rimmed baking sheet. But a pizza peel is well worth the investment!) Stretch the dough into a circle; see How to Stretch Pizza Dough for instructions. Then gently place the dough onto the pizza peel.
6. Spread the pizza sauce over the dough using the back of a spoon to create a thin layer. Add the pieces of fresh mozzarella cheese evenly across the dough, then top with the shredded mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle evenly with the garlic powder, dried oregano, and a few pinches of kosher salt.
7. Use the pizza peel to carefully transfer the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone. Bake the pizza until the cheese and crust are nicely browned, about 5 to 7 minutes in the oven (or 1 minute in a pizza oven). Slice into pieces and serve immediately.