Indulge in the irresistible combination of cheese and garlic with this mouthwatering cheese garlic crack bread recipe. Begin by preheating your oven to the recommended temperature. Take a fresh loaf of bread and make diagonal cuts in a crisscross pattern, being careful not to slice through the bottom. In a bowl, combine melted butter, minced garlic, and your desired herbs and spices. Generously brush this flavorful mixture between each bread slice and sprinkle shredded cheese into the cuts. Place the bread on a baking sheet and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly, resulting in a crispy and gooey cheese garlic crack bread. Serve it warm, allowing everyone to pull apart the slices and savor the delectable flavors.
How to make Cheese Garlic Crack Bread
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 20 mins
Total Time : 30 mins
Servings : 8 – 10
- 1 crusty loaf , preferably sourdough or Vienna
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (or other melting cheese)
- 100 g / 1 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter , softened
- 2 large garlic cloves , minced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley , finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
2. Combine butter, garlic and salt in a heatproof bowl and melt in the microwave. Stir through parsley.
3. Cut the bread on a diagonal into 2cm/1″ diamonds but do not cut all the way through the bread.
4. Use your fingers or a knife to pry open each crack and drizzle in a teaspoon of butter and stuff in a pinch of cheese. This might sound like a bit of an effort, but I promise you it is worth it! You don’t need to be super neat, it’s nice to have some of the butter drizzled over the crust.
5. Brush surface with remaining butter.
6. Wrap with foil and bake for 20 minutes until the cheese has mostly melted, then unwrap and bake for 5 – 10 minutes more to make the bread nice and crusty.
7. Serve immediately. (See note 1 for best make ahead methods)