Cajun chicken pasta is a classic dish that is sure to impress your dinner guests. This hearty recipe is easy to make and features tender chicken breasts, smoky and spicy Cajun seasoning, and creamy Alfredo sauce. To make this dish, start by cooking the chicken in a skillet with Cajun seasoning until it is golden brown and cooked through. Then, prepare the Alfredo sauce by simmering butter, cream, and Parmesan cheese in a saucepan until it thickens. Cook the pasta and toss it with the chicken and Alfredo sauce until everything is evenly coated. This recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner or special occasion and can be customized with additional vegetables or spices.
One of the best things about Cajun chicken pasta is that it is versatile and can be adapted to different dietary needs or preferences. For example, you can substitute the chicken with shrimp, tofu, or mushrooms for a vegetarian version of the dish. You can also adjust the level of spiciness by adding more or less Cajun seasoning or red pepper flakes. Additionally, you can add vegetables like bell peppers, onions, or spinach to the dish for extra flavor and nutrition.
How to make Cajun Chicken Pasta
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 10 mins
Total Time : 20 mins
- 8 oz linguine
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 2 tbsp of Cajun seasoning
- salt for taste
- pepper for taste
- ½ tbs fresh minced garlic
- 1 tbs fresh minced onion
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper seasoning optional. Add only if you like heat
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika optional
- 1 tbs olive oil plus more for the pan
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream or more for taste
- ½ cup or more for taste of freshly grated Parmesan use more to garnish
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- ⅛ cup pearl tomatoes sliced thin.
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
2. Place chicken and Cajun seasoning, salt, pepper and 1 tbs olive oil in a bowl and toss to coat.
3. In a large skillet or cast iron over medium heat add 1 tsp olive oil to a pan. Once the olive oil starts sizzling, add the garlic, onions and optional crushed red peppers. Cook until fragrant about a minute making sure to not burn it by stirring the garlic. Remove from pan and set to the side.
4. In the same large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in a tbs olive oil until chicken is tender, about 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
5. Reduce heat add the cooked linguine, heavy cream,butter, the onion and garlic and Parmesan cheese. Add salt and pepper for taste if needed. Toss everything together and heat through.
6. Garnish with lemon zest, parsley and pearl tomatoes.