Indulge in the creamy sweetness of Brown Sugar Milk Tea with our delicious and easy-to-follow recipe. This popular Taiwanese beverage has taken the world by storm, and now you can enjoy it from the comfort of your own home. With a rich caramel flavor and a velvety smooth texture, this drink is a perfect treat for any occasion. Let’s dive into the recipe and discover how to make your own refreshing Brown Sugar Milk Tea.
To begin, gather the essential ingredients: black tea bags, brown sugar, fresh milk, and tapioca pearls (optional). Start by brewing a strong cup of black tea according to the instructions on the package. While the tea is steeping, prepare the brown sugar syrup. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar with a small amount of water and heat over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. Set aside the syrup to cool.
How to make Brown Sugar Milk Tea
Cook Time : 20 mins
Total Time : 20 mins
Servings : 2
Brown Sugar Milk Tea
- 40 g brown sugar
- 30 ml water
- 600 ml fresh milk
- 100 g tapioca starch
- 60 ml water
- 50 g brown sugar
1. In a pot, add 60ml of water and brown sugar. Allow this to boil and mix well. Then add half of the tapioca starch and mix well. Take the mixture off the heat and add the rest of the starch flour
2. Take the dough mixture and shape evenly into a ball. Add more starch flour if the mixture is sticking to your hand. Roll this out to 2-3cm thick and cut into small squares. Roll these into ball shapes.
3. On high heat, boil the tapioca pearls for around 6-8 minutes. Or until they begin the emerge from the water. Remove from the water and set aside in an ice bath.
1. In a pot, add 30ml of water and the rest of the sugar to it. Allow this to boil and wait for the consistency to become a thick translucent brown. At this point, turn the heat to low and add in the pearls to slow simmer in the syrup for another 5 mins.
2. Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to cool and thicken further.
3. Take a few spoonfuls of the sweet brown syrup and drizzle on the glass. For the tiger stripe to look more realistic, add the syrup to the bottom of the glass. Flip it over and let the excess drip out the glass. Then add the tapioca pearls. Finally, add fresh milk to complete.
For the Mudflip tea version of this drink, use a mason jar with a lid to serve. Pour the brown sugar syrup directly into the bottom of the jar and top with fresh milk.