Broccoli Cheddar Mac & Cheese is a popular comfort food that combines the flavors of macaroni and cheese with the healthy goodness of broccoli. This recipe is easy to prepare and makes for a delicious meal that the whole family will enjoy. To make this recipe, start by cooking the macaroni according to the package instructions. Then, sauté some chopped broccoli in a pan until it is tender. Next, mix together some cheddar cheese and milk in a saucepan, and add the cooked macaroni and broccoli to it. Stir everything together until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth and creamy.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it is versatile and can be adapted to suit your taste preferences. For example, if you prefer a spicier flavor, you can add some diced jalapenos or hot sauce to the cheese sauce. Alternatively, if you want to make it a little healthier, you can use whole wheat pasta instead of regular macaroni and reduce the amount of cheese in the sauce.
How to make Broccoli Cheddar Mac & Cheese
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 15 mins
Total Time : 25 mins
Servings : 6
- 12 oz (340g) dry macaroni noodles
- 1 lb (454g) broccoli, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 200 g (7 oz) cheddar cheese
1. Fill a large pot halfway with water. Place it on the stove over high heat. Boil for pasta.
2. In a high powered blender place the milk, butter, cornstarch and salt. Run a “soup” cycle. (If you don’t have a high powered blender, whisk these together in a small pot over medium heat. Cook until thickened. Stir constantly.)
3. Add in the diced cheddar cheese and eggs. Run a “smoothie” cycle. (For the pot method, grate the cheese and add in along with the eggs. Whisk until smooth)
4. Once the water has boiled add in the pasta. Once the pasta is almost cooked, toss in the broccoli. Drain and return to pot. Pour sauce on top and mix thoroughly.