Broccoli and garlic pasta is a quick and easy dish that is perfect for a weeknight dinner. This recipe features tender pasta tossed with fresh broccoli, garlic, and olive oil. The dish can be easily customized with your favorite vegetables or proteins, such as mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, or grilled chicken. The combination of complex carbohydrates and fiber from the pasta and broccoli makes this dish a nutritious and filling option.
This recipe is simple to make and can be ready in just 30 minutes. It is perfect for those who are short on time but still want to enjoy a delicious and healthy meal. Additionally, this dish can be made vegan by using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and omitting the Parmesan cheese. It is also a great option for those who are looking to eat lighter and reduce their calorie intake.
How to make Broccoli and Garlic Pasta
Cook Time : 30 mins
Total Time : 30 mins
Servings : 4
- 1 lb malfada pasta water reserved
- 4 tbsp salted butter divided
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 large head of broccoli finely chopped
- 10 garlic cloves finely chopped
- ½ cup white wine
- The zest from 1 lemon
- The juice from 1 lemon
- 2 cups parmesan cheese divided
1. Boil pasta in heavily salted water according to directions. Drain and reserve at least two cups of pasta water.
2. Meanwhile, add 2 tbsp salted butter, 2 tbsp olive oil and red pepper flakes to a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the butter has dissolved and the red pepper flakes are beginning to sizzle. Immediately add broccoli, garlic and a pinch of salt then stir until everything’s mixed together. Add white wine and let it cook for another 3 minutes.
3. Add al dente pasta to the broccoli pot and add the remaining 2 tbsp of butter, the lemon zest, lemon juice, and 1 cup parmesan cheese and stir. Add pasta water, little by little, and keep stirring until each noodle has a glossy finish and is coated with the broccoli mixture.
4. To plate, add pasta then top with more parmesan cheese and another pinch of red pepper flakes.