Breakfast tostadas are a fun and tasty way to start the day. They are made by stacking refried beans, scrambled eggs, cheese, and toppings of your choice onto a crispy corn tortilla. From there, you can add anything you like such as avocado, salsa, hot sauce or fresh herbs. These breakfast tostadas are filling, customizable and a great way to switch up your morning routine.
How To Make Breakfast Tostadas
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 6 small corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp. water
- 1 c. shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 avocado, halved and pitted
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs
- Pickled jalapeños, pickled red onions, and salsa, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 400°. On a large baking sheet, arrange tortillas in a single layer. Lightly brush both sides with 1 tablespoon oil; season with salt. Bake until golden and crispy, about 15 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, mash beans with a fork until mostly smooth but with some chunks remaining. Stir in water.
3. Divide beans among tortillas and spread in an even layer. Top with cheese. Continue to bake until cheese is melty, about 5 minutes more.
4. In another small bowl, smash avocado until smooth. Stir in lime juice and cilantro; season with salt and pepper.
5. In a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Working in batches, crack eggs into pan and cook until whites are set, about 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
6. Top tortillas with smashed avocado, 1 egg, jalapeños, onions, and salsa.