Breakfast casserole is a dish that typically includes eggs, milk, bread, and a variety of meats and vegetables. It’s often prepared the night before and baked in the morning, making it a popular choice for holidays and special occasions. It’s a great way to feed a crowd and can easily be customized to suit individual tastes.
How To Make Breakfast Casserole
PREP Time : 10 MINS
COOK Time : 55 MINS
- 2 pounds pork sausage
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream (light or regular)
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 4 green onions
- 1/2 green bell pepper , diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper , diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13’’ pan with cooking spray.
2. Combine the eggs, sour cream, milk, cheese and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix on low speed with electric mixers, just until combined.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until browned, breaking it into small pieces with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Drain most of the grease and add the sausage to the bowl with the egg mixture.
4. Add the bell peppers and onion to the same skillet the sausage was cooked in and sauté for 2- 3 minutes. Add to the bowl with the eggs and stir everything to combine.
5. Pour mixture into greased 9×13’’ pan and bake for 35-50 minutes or until the edges are set and the center is just barely jiggly.
6. Leftover egg casserole can be stored in the fridge and enjoyed within 3-4 days. Leftovers are delicious reheated in the microwave.