Blue Plate Beef Patties is a classic American dish. To make, simply mix together ground beef, breadcrumbs, and seasonings, form into patties, and cook until browned. Serve on a bun with your favorite toppings.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 to 3 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
1. In a large bowl, beat the egg; stir in onions, bread crumbs and mustard. Add beef and mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
2. In an ungreased skillet, cook patties until meat is no longer pink, 4-5 minutes on each side; drain.
3. In a small bowl, combine gravy, water and horseradish; add mushrooms. Pour over patties. Cook, uncovered, until mushrooms are tender and heated through, about 5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.