BBQ chicken twice-baked potatoes are a hearty and flavorful dish made with baked potatoes filled with tender BBQ chicken and topped with cheese, sour cream, and green onions. The potatoes are first baked until soft, then scooped out, mixed with BBQ chicken and baked again until the cheese is melted and bubbly. This dish makes for a delicious and satisfying dinner option that is sure to please the whole family.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cock Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 c. barbecue sauce, plus more for serving
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced into quarter moons
- 1 small jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1 c. shredded smoked Gouda
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Place sweet potatoes on a large baking sheet. Toss with oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Bake until tender, about 1 hour, depending on size. Let cool slightly, then, using a paring knife, slice along top of each sweet potato and push in both ends to create a well.
3. In a medium bowl, toss chicken with barbecue sauce and garlic. Stuff into sweet potatoes, then top with red onion, jalapeño, and Gouda. Return to oven and bake until cheese is melty and chicken is warmed through, about 15 minutes more.
4. Drizzle with barbecue sauce before serving.