Banana snack cake recipe is a great way to enjoy a sweet and satisfying treat without all the guilt. With its moist texture and delicious flavor, it’s sure to become a favorite among your family and friends. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make, so you can enjoy it any time you want without spending hours in the kitchen. So why wait? Give this recipe a try today and experience the many benefits of a delicious and healthy snack cake!
Next, in a separate large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add in mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla extract, and mix until well combined. Slowly stir in the dry ingredients until the batter is smooth and well mixed. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm or at room temperature for a delicious and satisfying treat that’s perfect for any occasion.
How to make Banana Snack Cake
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 35 mins
Total Time : 45 mins
Servings : 12 servings
- 3 cups (375) g all purpose flour or gluten free 1:1 baking flour*
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup (113 g) unsalted vegan butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150 g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp dairy free yogurt, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1 cup (240 mL) vegan buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 batch of Vegan Peanut Butter Frosting
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 9×9″ or 8×13″ baking pan with parchment paper greased lightly with oil.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the vegan butter, mashed banana, brown sugar, sugar, dairy free yogurt, and vanilla extract. Add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt, along with the vegan buttermilk, and whisk until just combined.
3. Pour the banana cake batter into the prepared baking pan, and bake. For 9×9″, you’ll bake for 35-40 minutes, for 8×13″, you’ll bake the cake for 28-30 minutes.
4. Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer the cake to a cooling rack to cool completely before making the frosting.
5. Make the peanut butter cream cheese frosting: In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, cream together the vegan cream cheese, vegan butter, and peanut butter. Add in the powdered sugar in 1 cup increments, using 1 tbsp of dairy free milk at a time to help achieve a super fluffy and creamy texture.
6. Frost the cake: Spread the peanut butter cream cheese frosting onto the cooled gluten-free banana cake. Sprinkle with extra peanuts and banana coins. Slice and serve!