Baked spaghetti is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that is perfect for family dinners or gatherings with friends. This recipe typically includes spaghetti noodles, a savory tomato sauce, ground beef, and melted cheese. To make this dish, start by cooking the spaghetti according to the package instructions. While the spaghetti is cooking, prepare the tomato sauce by browning some ground beef in a large saucepan, adding some canned tomatoes, and seasoning the sauce with herbs and spices. Once the spaghetti is cooked, drain it and mix it with the tomato sauce. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and top it with shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake the dish in the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
One of the great things about baked spaghetti is that it is very customizable. For example, if you prefer a vegetarian version, you can omit the ground beef and add some vegetables like mushrooms, peppers, or zucchini to the tomato sauce. Additionally, you can adjust the amount of cheese used depending on your taste preferences, or even use a different type of cheese like cheddar or parmesan.
How to make Baked Spaghetti
Prep Time : 05 mins
Cook Time : 45 mins
Total Time : 50 mins
Servings : 12
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small to medium onion – chopped
- 1 24 oz jar Marinara sauce – I use Rao’s
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese – grated
- 1 egg
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese – grated
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium size skillet, cook ground beef and onion until done. Drain off fat. Pour Mariana sauce over meat and mix well.
3. In a large pot, cook spaghetti according to package directions. When done, drain. Add cream cheese and mix well, coating all spaghetti.
4. Mix together, in a medium size bowl, cottage cheese, ½ cup Parmesan cheese and egg.
5. To build baked spaghetti, place approximately ½ cup of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish. Place half of spaghetti on top of meat mixture smoothing to the edges of casserole dish. Layer on cottage cheese mixture, covering all of spaghetti. Layer remaining spaghetti over cheese. Spoon remaining meat mixture over all layers. Top with Mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil, sprinkle on ½ cup of Parmesan cheese and bake for additional 15 minutes until cheese is golden brown. Remove from and allow to reset 10 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.