Baked Orange Chicken is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that’s perfect for a weeknight dinner. This recipe calls for chicken breasts, marinated in a sweet and tangy orange sauce and then baked until crispy. It’s a great way to enjoy a flavorful and healthy meal, it can be ready in under 30 minutes.
How To Make Baked Orange Chicken
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 4 servings
For the chicken:
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons oil
For the Orange Sauce:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 teaspon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons green onion
- 1/2 cup cooked broccoli
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9 X 13 baking dish and keep it ready.
2. In a bowl with chicken pieces, season it with salt and pepper.
3. Coat the seasoned chicken pieces with cornstarch first and then dip it into the beaten egg mixture. Repeat the same with the remaining chicken pieces.
4. Heat a pan with oil, add the coated chicken pieces and cook the chicken until browned for 4-5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, take a medium bowl and combine the ingredients mentioned under “for orange sauce” section. Place the chicken in the prepared baking dish and pour the orange sauce mixture over the chicken and bake for 40 – 50 minutes.
6. Every 15 minutes stir in the chicken and sauce and bake until the sauce is thicken and well coated in the chicken.
7. Serve the chicken warm along with rice, broccoli and green onions on top.