Baja Pork Tacos are a delicious and flavorful taco made with juicy, slow-cooked pork shoulder that’s been seasoned with spices and citrus, then shredded and served in warm corn tortillas. Topped with fresh and tangy toppings like shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, avocado, and a tangy sauce, these tacos are a perfect balance of flavors and textures. They’re easy to make and perfect for a casual dinner with friends or a fun weeknight meal.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 boneless pork sirloin roast (3 pounds)
- 5 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 24 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1. Cut roast in half; place in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Mix chiles, taco seasoning and cumin; spoon over pork. Cook, covered, on low 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
2. Remove pork; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred meat with 2 forks. Return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve in tortillas with lettuce and cheese.