Indulge in a unique and flavorful twist on a classic snack with this irresistible avocado fries recipe. Begin by preheating your oven to the recommended temperature. Take ripe avocados and slice them into fry-shaped pieces. In one bowl, whisk together your desired coating ingredients, such as breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and spices.
In another bowl, beat an egg for the batter. Dip each avocado slice into the egg mixture, ensuring it’s fully coated, then coat it in the breadcrumb mixture. Place the coated avocado fries on a baking sheet and bake them until they turn golden and crispy. Once ready, serve them with your favorite dipping sauce and savor the creamy texture and savory flavor of these recipe.
How to make Avocado Fries
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 12 mins
Total Time : 22 mins
Yield : 4 servings
- 2 large avocados
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp chile powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cut your avocados in half and remove the pit from the middle.
3. Use a large spoon to scoop out the entire half of the avocado in tact.
4. Cut the avocado length-wide to form “fries.”
5. Add your flour and spices to a flat plate and mix them together with a fork.
6. On a separate flat plate or dish scramble your egg with a fork.
7. One at a time, roll your avocado fries in the seasoned flour.
8. Then dip each avocado fry into the egg.
9. After dipping the avocado fry in the egg roll them in the panko bread crumbs, pressing down lightly to make sure they’re fully coated.
10. Add your battered avocado fries to a baking sheet.
11. Bake at 425 for 12 minutes.
12. Remove your avocado fries from the oven and serve with your favorite condiment like ketchup or ranch dressing. I served mine with a side of Italian dressing just for a little extra tang!